Blackmagic Design announced that the full release of DaVinci Resolve 15, its professional editing, visual effects, motion graphics, color correction and audio post production software, is now available as a free download from the Blackmagic Design website.
Blackmagic Design would like to thank the customers that participated in the beta, tested the software in a wide variety of workflows, reported bugs and have helped make DaVinci Resolve 15 even more reliable. The excellent feedback and strong community has been a critically important part of the development process. Blackmagic Design is grateful to have such a large and talented group of people that care deeply about making DaVinci Resolve the world’s most powerful post-production solution.
DaVinci Resolve 15 is a massive update that fully integrates visual effects and motion graphics, making it the world’s first solution to combine professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production, multi user collaboration and now visual effects together in one software tool. DaVinci Resolve 15 adds an entirely new Fusion page with over 250 tools for compositing, paint, particles, animated titles and more. In addition, DaVinci Resolve 15 includes a major update to Fairlight audio, along with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for.
DaVinci Resolve 15 continues to revolutionize post production by combining 4 extremely high end applications as different pages in one single piece of software. The edit page has all of the tools professional editors need for both offline and online editing, the color page features the world’s most advanced color correction tools, the Fairlight audio page is designed specifically for audio post production, and the new Fusion page gives visual effects and motion graphics artists everything they need to create feature film quality effects and animations. All it takes is a single click to instantly move between editing, color, effects and audio.
This gives individual users unlimited creative flexibility because they can learn and explore different toolsets. It also enables collaboration so people with different talents can work together on the same project at the same time. Because of these new features, DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio was awarded the prestigious 2018 Engineering Excellence Award by the Hollywood Professional Association (HPA). The awards are designed to highlight outstanding technical and creative ingenuity in media and content production. DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio is the only system that lets editors, colorists, visual effects artists, and audio engineers all work in the same project at the same time.
The DaVinci Resolve 15 collaborative workflow dramatically speeds up post production because customers no longer need to import, export or translate projects between different software applications, and work no longer needs to be conformed when changes are made. Everything is in the same software application.
The free version of DaVinci Resolve 15 can be used for professional work and has more features than virtually every other paid application for post production. DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio, which adds multi user collaboration, 3D, VR, dozens of additional filters and effects, unlimited network rendering and other advanced features such as temporal and spatial noise reduction, is available to own for only US$299. There are no annual subscription fees or ongoing licensing costs. DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio costs less than all other cloud based software subscriptions and it does not require an internet connection once the software has been activated. That means customers don’t have to worry about losing work in the middle of a job if there is no internet connection. In addition, Blackmagic Design has also announced that its official step by step training handbook, “The Definitive Guide to DaVinci Resolve 15” is now available for order on Amazon.
Throughout the beta program, Blackmagic Design engineers have worked hard to continue adding new features while addressing issues reported by customers via the DaVinci Resolve 15 beta feedback forum. New features added since NAB 2018 include:
- Improved performance when rendering H.264 clips.
- Clip names can be added as part of a window burn.
- Added support for HTML text formatting in subtitles.
- Added support for 2D and 3D title templates.
- Subclip extents can now be changed from the Edit timeline.
- Dynamic Trim icon has been added to the toolbar with slip and slide indicators.
- Audio automation data can now be edited on Fairlight page.
- FairlightFX now include presets and customers can now create their own.
- Sound libraries can now be created using DaVinci Resolve disk databases.
- Initial ResolveFX and OpenFX plugin support has been added to the Fusion page.
- New bypass Color and Fusion effects button has been added to all pages.
- Fusion compositions can now be copied and applied to additional clips.
- MediaIn nodes now let customers modify trim and media properties.
- Saver nodes have been added to the Fusion page.
- Clip level blanking output is now supported on the Color page.
- Nodes can now be assigned custom colors on the Color page.
- Compositing images with transparency has been improved.
- Optical flow performance has been dramatically improved.
- DCTL support has been extended and now supports ResolveFX.
- On-screen control for OpenFX and ResolveFX are now more responsive.
- Added support for encoding CEA-708 closed captions in MXF OP1a clips.
- Added support for encoding EXR clips with alpha channels.
- Added support for importing audio clip levels from AAF imports.
- New French and Portuguese language localization.
- Improved codec and format listing on the Deliver page.
- Simultaneous monitoring of SDR and HDR for DolbyVisionTM and HDR10+.
- New support for importing audio only AAF timelines.
- New support for Final Cut Pro X XML version 1.8.
Availability and Price
DaVinci Resolve 15 is available today as a free download from the Blackmagic Design website for all current DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Resolve Studio customers. DaVinci Resolve Studio is available for $299 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide.
Product photos of all Blackmagic Design products, are available at www.blackmagicdesign.com/press/images.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com.